Tube Integrated Under 1,500

Looking for tube integrated for a second system. I have 1,500 tops to spend, and I will definitely buy used. Im thinking el34 but maybe an el84. I need at least 30 watts and something that’s fairly stout for tube. Maybe I could get by with 20 watts if I went el84 but not sure. Speakers are Totem Rainforest, which I believe are 86db, and the room is small, about 9x11x8.

I’m leaning pretty strongly towards grabbing a Primaluna. I have Primaluna seperates in my main system and am pretty happy with them. I’m trying to be open to other brands for this new amp but I’m struggling to find much that I feel confident about getting service for down the road. I’m hoping folks on here can lead me to some things I’ve missed maybe. I’m aware of Willsenton and Muzishare but not to confident if I need parts in 5-10 years they will be available. Line Magnetic I’d be open to if I could find the right amp in my price range. After those brands I’m not aware of much. There’s Icon but there amps seem to be about half the weight compared to some others. Just not sure there is good value there I guess. LSA has there new integrated but it also seems a bit cheap to me. Rogue seems to run there tubes pretty hard and I find the Chronus pretty hideous cosmetically. Jolida/ Black Ice seem alright I just can’t really get into the looks, and the used market seems weak if I ever sell.

Anyways, I’m not sure what else is really out there but hopefully you guys do. I thought it was worth asking before I grab another Primaluna.

brylandgoodman

Showing 1 response by dill

I've had a Pathos Classic MKIII for 7 years now and have no desire to change. If you consider this amp, make sure it is a MKIII, the one in the link above is a MKII. The difference being, the MKIII has an upgraded transformer, a bit more power and plastic covered WBT type speaker binding posts.