TT suggestions -- please

I've decided to go to the well and purchase a new TT as opposed to upgrading my HW19. I have set a budget of 2,500. My speakers are Innersound Eros, driven by the ESL crossover amp and an Aragon 4004. I have a Coda preamp and a Monolithic phono pre. I am asking for what you think will be a good match with this setup. My room is not on a slab, so I am wondering if this necessarily eliminates non-suspension type TTs.

One dealer suggested a Nottingham Spacedeck. The Nottingham is supposedly warmer, like Linns, and with my stats, supposedly be a good fit. Any truth to this?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
1musiclover

Showing 1 response by tok20000

I got a 2 week old Rega P9 turntable with RB1000 tonearm for $2600. For $2600 the Rega P9 is very very very hard to beat. I am not familiar with the Teres, and I am a relative newbie to vinyl, but the new Rega P9 offers the following:

1 - A platter that is ceramic and fused to the hardness of saphire. Yes saphire... the only natural substance harder is diamond.

2 - A power supply that some folks could mistake for an amplifier. It seems to have amazing control over the speed of the table.

3 - The RB1000 tonearm ($1595 if bought seperately), this tonearm is, well... better than any other Rega toneams by a pretty good margin. The tonearm is made to go with the table.

4 - A turntable that is not tweaky and will sound good with minimal adjustment through time.

5 - A turntable (when mounted with an even average cartridge) that will kick the crud out of any digital source on the market... heh heh.

If you want to see a pic of it:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1043544749&openusid&zzTok20000&4&5#Tok20000

KF