TT or Cartridge...what to buy?

Well the time has come to purchase a new cartridge and I'm now pondering the idea of a completely new table instead. 

My current table is a Clearaudio Concept with Verify Tonearm and Concept V2 MM cart. 

My current phono/pre is a ModWright LS 100 with Tube Phono stage. Currently setup for MM cartridge. 

I'm a little stuck with purchase options for a cartridge as the shops near me only carry a limited amount and I'd prefer to buy local. I want to stick with MM because that is what my Phono stage is setup for and I'd rather not have to purchase a new tube to upgrade to MC at this time. 

I've narrowed it down to Ortofon 2M series either Blue, Bronze, or Black. I do realize these are all different budgets but my budget is about $1k for a cart at this time.

If I do in fact decide to upgrade my TT I could extend my budget to about $4k (TT & Cart) maybe if I shuffle things correctly and if I'm able to sell my current table. If I do go with a new table then I might also consider MC for the cart also. 

I honestly don't know what tables are available locally at my budget. I'm ok with buying used as well.

I realize this is a 2 part conversation with a lot of variables. Please give me your input and valuable knowledge to help me decide which path to choose. 
128x128dustin_collman

Showing 1 response by ocean2059

Earlier this year, I went through a similar process to update my TT. I considered tables from Mofi Ultradeck, VPI Prime Scout, Clearaudio Performance DC and Dr. Feickert Analogue Volare. I ended up going with Dr. Feickert's Volare with Jelco 805 tonearm and Hana ML cartridge. I am very happy with the upgrade and would highly recommend the Dr. Feickert's Volare table.