TT: Aries or Delphi V

I am considering a new turntable purchase. Any views on VPI Aries vs Oracle? I need small footprint solution and these fit the bill. Cost is not the issue for me, but sound quality is. I would use the VPI-10 tonearm. It seems that the VPI is easier to setup and is cheaper.
jkubina

Showing 1 response by michaelm704

I just bought the Aries/JMW 10 combo 2 weeks ago. I absolutely love it. I've also wanted the Oracle in the past but decided to go for the Aries after reading several reviews - it was close. Live and in person, the Aries is drop dead gorgeous. The platter alone is 22+ lb. The sound is stunning with my Grado. Deeeeep, powerful and articulate bass. Fantastic mids, and oh so delicate highs. It's a breeze to set up, and with the optional dustcover (more like a museum case), it looks like a work of art. It's also available as an Aries Extended with the JMW 12, but I went with the reg table and arm for the smaller footprint.

VPI is also very friendly and helpful on the phone. I also like to know that part of my purchase contributes to a memorial scholarship fund for Sheila and Harry's son, for which the JMW Memorial was named.