TRL 595-how good is it?

I am a digital junky, so I have been thru well over a dozen players in the past 12 months. My favorite is the APL 3910. I just bought the TRL Sony 595 from the Tsunami auction, and will receive next week. Any one here have experience with this machine? I TT Paul from TRL and he said he is still shaking his head from disbelief on how good this puppy sounds. I am impatient, so would love some feedback. I also love the fact it is a 5 disc changer. Could it be a world beater? I have TT a person who sold his Cary 303/200 after burning this puppy in.

Ehquiring minds want to know

Thanks
711smilin

Showing 4 responses by maxxfell

Paul Weitzel told me in an e-mail that it takes about 500 hrs (!) to fully burn in. He implied that after 100 hrs it would be just listenable - perhaps. "tolerable" was I think the word he used. He also said that, since the circuitry is essentially the same no matter whether a CD or SACD is playing, you can burn it in with just a CD.
Hi Alex: Thank you for the information. I was posting what Paul Weitzel had told me, as I remember it. I'm certain that he advised burning in with a CD only, though I'm sure that using an SACD too will do no harm to the machine. If I get one of his modded machines, I'll follow his advice, since I wouldn't get one of his modded machines unless I thought he knew what he was talking about. Just as, if I got one of your modded machines, I'd follow your advice.

Cheers,
Matthew
There's this chap in Perth who can do wonderful things to the power supply of a single malt...
711smilin-Have you asked Paul Weitzel about the break in issue? In an email to me he did mention 500 hours as the span over which improvements continue.