TRL 595-how good is it?

I am a digital junky, so I have been thru well over a dozen players in the past 12 months. My favorite is the APL 3910. I just bought the TRL Sony 595 from the Tsunami auction, and will receive next week. Any one here have experience with this machine? I TT Paul from TRL and he said he is still shaking his head from disbelief on how good this puppy sounds. I am impatient, so would love some feedback. I also love the fact it is a 5 disc changer. Could it be a world beater? I have TT a person who sold his Cary 303/200 after burning this puppy in.

Ehquiring minds want to know

Thanks
711smilin

Showing 4 responses by lokie

I have had mine for about a week now and am very impressed. I know this is an over used summary of audio gear but this deck is a great value. There are claims that it competes with the most expensive players out there... which I can't confirm without doing AB's on my system. I do know that for $650 it is a no brainier. It is very airy and high end sounding. I am hearing things I've never heard... bla bla bla. I am curious as to what other more experienced listeners have to say about it over time. One thing about about my player though is that the power button doesn't work. I have been traveling and just haven't gotten around to talking to Paul. I am keeping it on all the time any way to burn it in. The carousel is a real bonus for me. Although I haven’t quite figured out my base management with my Redbook CD's when I throw them on the carousel with SACD's. I have to leave my AV receiver on 6 ch input and it is not sending the lower frequencies to the sub. But like I said I haven't had allot of time to work with it. My experience with Paul/TRL has been excellent. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to afford one of those big TRL amps.
I want to follow up on my previous comments that I'm sure the base management issue that I'm having has nothing to with the TRL mod. And everything to do with my receiver and user error.
I am interested on the experiences of other users which might help me out.
Jahaira: You are correct sir... I talked to Paul and as you stated the power switch is disabled for improved sonics.
I have to say that I have been sceptical of the whole burn in phenom that I read about so much.I have never experienced it myself until now. After about 2-3 weeks of burn in this thing is really sounding phenominal (not that it didn't sound good to start with). That's the good news.. the bad news is that I've suddenly got the upgrade rash and find myself scurring to look for new speakers. I feel like I just put a piece of equipment in my system that signifcantly leaped frogged everything else.
Twu2... You may want to check out this review.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/stephstuffers/stuffers.html