TRIP TO TORONTO. WHAT TO DO...

The thing is that I will be visiting my son who is studying at the University of Toronto next Easter week.

My interests when visiting a new city -apart from blues and rock music shows- are:

1.- Contemporary architecture;

2.- Discovering places and neighborhoods not mentioned on tourist guides;

3.- One day trip to towns around the main city;

4.- Local "cuisine" as there´s an Spanish cuisine. Not meaning "hi-end cuisine" a la Ferrán Adriá. This trend seems to me like 70s progressive music -how to get the more complicated pentatonic scale-. Let´s keep it simple;

5.- Eating on the cheap. I mean affordable prices. Not breaking the bank;

6.- Drinking undiscovered beers and/or unexpected wines

7.- Bookstores (if they still exists); CD stores -if they still exist- and why not -the vice strikes again- audio stores -if they still exist-;

I´m open to your suggestions.

Thank you all.

Daniel
jesusa0

Showing 3 responses by ct0517

Hi Daniel – was born and raised in T.O. but don’t live in the city proper anymore so can’t really recommend anything - u can try this link.

things to do

Tried to get my daughter to go to U of T. She ended up at Western in London, Ont.

Marakanetz – Maple Leaf fans have developed a thick hockey skin as they have had to. A Montreal Canadiens joke is what do the Canadiens have that the Leafs don’t have.

"Stanley Cup Championship Team Photos in color"

Last Championship Year was 1967 for the Leafs – I was 5.
This years team is showing a little promise in the short season. They have had no reason to improve as they continue to make money.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2012/11/28/nhl-team-values-2012-maple-leafs-first-hockey-team-worth-1-billion/
Audiowoman
Ct0517 - I went to Western!
So did the
important fellow that is managing our future retirement
funds.
I hope my daughter graduates from there, comes back,
becomes Mayor of Toronto and approves a transportation
system that will allow for people to get to work to downtown
Toronto in under one hour from the suburbs.
Sorry for the bit of fathers remorse I showed.
It just that it takes three + hours to drive to Western to
see her as we live north of Toronto.
We just wished “our little girl” was closer to home.
Audiowoman, that is a really long drive. Makes our 3 hour drive seem not so far, a little traffic can add an hour or more. At least its driveable; not like Daniel having to deal with Toronto customs/security, and a long flight.

I remember Toronto on boxing day - for Americans its the day after Christmas which is a holiday here in Canada. There were big lineups to get into Sam the Record Man on Yonge St and the other record stores to buy lps. Now the lineups are at Best Buy and other big box stores for TV’s, computers and music that you take with you.

Marakanetz – last nights score Toronto 5 – Ottawa – 4