Tried CD player Cary 300/300 and LOVED it, now what?

I want to move up the chain. 
Hi all, I’ve this Cary CD 300/300 for 3 years now and love it to death. I enjoy its warmness, smoothness, airy and nice touch of detail. It plays nicely with almost any power cords and ICs I throw at it. 
 Please suggest which other Cary CD players or other brands would consider as better? Ayre cx7e been on my list for years...
i listen to instrumental classical jazz vocals strings and a bit of percussion
thank you all and happy listening
128x128nasaman

Showing 5 responses by nasaman

@rhljazz thank you but I already have tried and still at my possession diff digital cables and diff DACs and I have enough fun with it, now thinking of stepping up. 
Hmmm, Audio Research Cd3 is looking good....
@rhljazz thanks and here’s the list and all were purchased used, pre-owned from eBay or Agon.
I have tried diff digital cables entry level Toslink and coaxial from Audioquest, $30 each. Diff entry level DAC’s like Music Hall 25.3, $350, Cambridge Dac Magic Plus, $300 and and lastly, the Peachtree Dac iTx, $220 which matches best with my Cary Cdp and I love it. Speaker cables are Harmonic Tech Pro-11 Plus, $350 and Audioquest K2, $2000 (I know, I know) both biwired to a pair of bookshelf Tannoy Definition DC8, $2000
My Cary Cdp, $1100 is fed with Synergistic Reseach power cord, $450 and interconnect, $250
i also have Cdp Bryston BCD-1, $1500 sparing side by side with diff brands cords and cables...
So, because I really like the Cary Cdp, to keep it, Should I investing more on a expensive DAC?
Soft sweet lust musical with light touch of micro details are my fav. Excellent Dynamic sharp and attacking then come last. 
Thank you
@jafant The Bryston BCD-1 is clean detail and natural and, with right set up, i believe it can be had with hell lot of excitement. But, because I'm using warm sounding conditioner Richard Gray 400, so when combined with a complete Synergistic Research Power cords and ICs, I didn't like it as much; warmer, yes! but I could not get the PRaT out of it (3,4 years now). Also, when I tried Transparent Audio entry levels RCA and XLR, BCD-1 was a bit smoother but still SOMEWHAT dull and congested. Therefore, I went back and give it its own a whole new diff cables and cords from AC wall outlet to RG400 conditioner then to BCD-1. Power cords from PS Audio AC-12, Kaplan GS, Triode Wire Labs, and Cardas Golden Power and they do go well together. Too, RCA interconnects from MIT (16 poles) and Tara Labs, I do like.
Bryston BCD-1 is a great cdp and sensitive to PC's and IC's, so, i dont know, you may get better result with Synergistic Research cables and cords in your set up?
The Cary 300/300 matches very well with SR so I leave them like that untouched for the last 3,4 years now. Great luck and sorry for going off track. Happy listening

@rhljazz Thank you so much for the suggestion but going to music digital server is way out of my...comfort?
You would prob see me drop $1k on a DAC first.... Though, I will keep it in mind because soon and later, it is in our future.
Please help with a list of all the CD players from Cary brand with possible msrp and estimate today price.
I’m the OP and happy to report my finding.

@jafant YES, I bought a preowned Ayre cx7 and, instantly, it murdered both of my Bryston bcd-1 and Cary cd300/300. The Ayre was a made in heaven. A God sent. Full of synergy and very “vinyl” sounding. (I have not tried the Ayre with a DAC yet.)
The Bryston bcd-1 was quickly went back in its original box and seated aside- It was no comparison. Hint, I will sale it soon. (Silver color with all originals if anyone interested to give it a new home.)

Without the DAC, the Cary cd300/300 was dull and congest against the Ayre cx7 but with a DAC ($250 Peachtree iT-x) the Cary was 3 times better; dynamic, nicely detailed, musical and sweet and I think I’d love it dearly but sorry the Ayre was clearly on a diff level. Hint, I will too prob put the Cary up for sale in couple months. (Black color with all originals)
Happy listening.