Transporter vs. Squeezebox Touch w/PS AudioDL-III

hi,

which of these two options is the better way to go?

i currently have a sb3 running into an outlaw 2150.

has anyone compared the touch to the transporter?

thanks in advance.
ynnek4
I have been using a Boom in my kitchen since Xmas and like the internet radio and CD collection access from my computer....the user interface took me a month to really get comfortable with but it's fine. I've been considering a transporter to plug into my existing stereo but the Touch sounds like a better choice, I am 60 and my ears are no longer full frequency. I have my cd's recorded apple lossless. To the group, does this sound like a good choice? For $300 it sounds like a no brainer.
Larry
thanks for the replies.

this is very tough to decide. all the reviews i read about the transporter sound great. but, i keep hearing how pairing the squeezebox with a decent dac compares or beats the transporter. so confused!
also, i have never had a dac. are they just left on 24/7? any kind of maintence required (i am a newbie).

my current system consists of a sb3 hooked to a rr2150 to av123 x-sls speakers.

thanks in advance.
I left my DAC on 24/7 for the three years I owned it. They don't use a lot of power or get warm, so just leave it in a well ventilated spot. They don't require any special maintenance, calibration or alignment.

The Transporter is an excellent piece of equipment. You won't be disappointed if you buy it. I did not end up with the SB3/DAC combo because it "beat" the Transporter but because I thought the other was a better value. (Transporters were $2,000 at the time with no discounts around. Now they are not too hard to find for about $1,300.)
thanks for the info.

is it 100% the transport displays are no longer being manufactured?