Transparent Interconnect Question....

I have an Ayre V-3 amp and a Krell Showcase Pre/Pro and have decided to purchase some Transparent Interconnects 1 to 1.5 meters in length. I understand that these 2 units are fully balanced. My question is the following...

Would it be better to run balanced Transparent Ultra MM Technology or for roughly the same price purchase Tranparent Reference MM Technology with an RCA connection?

Also, how about Transparent Reference MM Balanced vs Transparent Reference XL RCA?

Please let me know. Although I appreciate all responses, I am not interested in knowing other cable suggestions at this point. I have heard at least 15 other brands and prefer the Transparent. Thanks
kmiller5
OK, the battle is over. If you recall, I have mag's 3.6, Manley 250 monoblocks, ARC LS-15/PH-3, Cal Audio/Benchmark DAC1, and LP-12. I have auditioned Kimber, Analysis Plus, Nordost Quattro Fil, and Transparent, balanced/RCA and Transparent was the clear winner in my system. Specifically, the Super/Musiclink Balanced was more acoustical, and forward in that I felt closer to the music. My reference was KCAG which I have had for several years. I was surprised at the difference even though my buddy stated some technical reason that Transparent cable was not ideal with a tube amp. Yeah right. Accordingly Transparent is now my reference cable.
It's pretty funny until you hear it yourself that a cable can make that big of a difference as a component! It's what caused me to go Transparent years ago and upgrade each year.

It's funny I have audiobuddies bring over there cables all the time to show how much better they are and my system takes several steps backwards with each trial..... Hearing in your own system is believing!
Hi Chris! Long time since we last spoke and hope things are going well in AZ. Actually an audiobuddy, "Cytocycle", brought his Transparent Reference I/Cs to my house and have never had anything else since. I've got the Ultra MM's throughout and was thinking about upgrading to a Reference MM from the CD source to the Placette ALS. Think it would be worth it, I mean a significant gain? You still have the Wilson's? ...norm.
Hey Norm! Still have the Wilsons, and bought a Wilson sub also. I'll be in Colorado Springs for handful of days starting today, next trip I'll in August we should hook up.

The ultra MM is so good I'm not sure the extra money towards reference MM. It would be better to see where your system is at...then again every time I have been suprised and that interconnect between source and preamp is a very key one!

Drop me a note sometime