Transparent Cables interconnects question

Quick question on two Transparent interconnects (older models):

1. Musiclink Super (XLR)

2. Musiclink Super XL (RCA)

Which is the better cable?  I see there is a rather hefty price difference between balanced and un-balanced interconnects. Just wondering if cable #2 is still better than cable #1 even though it is balanced? Or, doesn’t it matter? 

jsbach1685

Showing 2 responses by jsbach1685

Both components have balanced connections. One is a Krell integrated, the other is a Rotel cdp, but not sure of the model; I believe it’s a 1570. I’m posting this query for a friend who advised these two interconnects are for sale somewhat close to him (two different sellers).

So we spoke with transparent and confirmed the info indicated above. They said to find out which connection type is native and then choose a cable from there. If one is native to xlr, and the other rca, then best to test both option to see what sounds best. Also, my buddy’s cap is a Rotel 991, not 1570. I gotta say though, the more we were discussing transparent cables, the more I was gaining interest in them myself. My current cables are harmonic tech pro-9 biwire and pro-silway II xlr. I’m using them with a levinson 383 integrated, ayre cx7emp CD player and revel f30 speakers. I don’t see much written comparing these two cable brands. Anyone have any experience there? As for my buddy’s system, we need to contact krell and Rotel and see about the native connections