Transparent Cable comparisons across both level and generation

I am considering a purchase of Transparent cables and have zero experience and knowledge of the different levels, which increase in price exponentially.  There are some older 'Ultra level speaker cables for sale that are 3 or 4 generations old.  They have them listed with the current Ultra list price which I suppose is irrelevant.  It appears that an 8ft pair could be purchased for around $1400.  My question to Transparent was how would that compare to a brand new Super 8ft pair for $2200.  Transparent responded via email and I called and talked to them and they said they NEVER compare both across generation and level.  They only say each new generation within a level offer an improvement.  I am disappointed in my first experience with this company to provide such a scripted response with no real-world insight.  All my electronics are Audio Research and I have spoken with several guys there over the years and they are always open to this type of comparison and speak honestly and genuinely with me.  All that aside, does anyone have such experience to offer recommendations as I am considering a purchase.  Thanks!
Dana

dhite71

Showing 1 response by jsbach1685

I have some super gen 5 biwire speaker cables on the way to see how they sound vs. my current cardas golden reference biwire speaker cables. I recently added golden reference xlr interconnects and they sound wonderful with my setup. I didn’t quite get the same result when I added the golden reference speaker cables. They sounded better over time as they had been sitting awhile and needed a quick break-in. However, I’m not sure they are as good a match as the golden reference interconnects. I too was debating between super gen 5 and ultra mm2 speaker cables. My gear consists of a mark levinson 383 integrated, cambridge audio 851 cdp and revel f30 speaker cables. I also had emailed transparent at one point and asked which of these transparent cables would be a better match. Their reply was frustrating in that they couldn’t (more like wouldn’t) answer my question. But, added that their current generation would be best. I get it that they want to sell new cables; but with their upgrade program (and previous generations of cables being sent to dealers for resale) you would think they would be more accommodating. Where do you think I got these super gen 5’s?