Totem The One vs. Usher "Tiny Dancer" Be 718

I'd like to hear only from people who have heard both. Excluding bass, which speaker has a more true midrange and does a better job of capturing the shimmer of cymbals? Also, I assume that the Usher has greater dynamics, but is the Totem deficient in this area? I know there are many fine speakers in this category, but I'd like to limit this discussion only to these two. Thanks.
128x1289rw

Showing 6 responses by 9rw

Stan: It's not really clear what you're saying. Based on the reports of the bad sound in the Usher room, perhaps Usher needed to concentrate more on being audiophiles -- and making sure its speakers sounded as good as possible. Without that, it will not be a successful -- except in the case cited by Soix.

Regardless, what do you think accounted for the bad sound reported? I would think that MusikMatters and Usher/Taipei would make sure that at an event as widely attended as the CES that everything would be set up correctly.
In the post above, I left out the word "business" after successful. It's been a long day.
Zenblaster: Did you hear Totem's The One or was it the Rainmaker? If it was the Rainmaker at a fraction of the price, that's pretty impressive.

Dkzzzz: Have you heard the Be 718? How about The One? What's your reference system? Thanks.
Interesting. So is Audiooracle's feedback. Also, knowing what's at stake, why would Usher effectively sabotage itself?
Gundam91: Uh-oh. People like Stehno will be blasting you for bashing NuFarce, the best electronics ever.

Anyway, it's really foolish to show gear at events that draw hundreds of dealers and audiophiles and not spend the extra effort to ensure that your gear sounds as good as possible. This hurts Usher and its U.S. distributors. I continue to be impressed by companies like Totem. Thanks.