Totem Model 1 w/ NAD c340 amp?

I am thinking about getting some used Totem Model 1 speakers (the original model), but I am wondering whether my NAD c340 integrated amplifier will be up to the task of driving them. The need for sufficient power to do justice to the Totems seems to be a fairly consistent refrain in people's comments on them, and the NAD is only rated at 50 watts per channel. But on the other hand I understand that NAD's ratings are usually very conservative, so that leaves me hoping. Am I being naive in even considering this combination? My room is just 20x22x8, and I have no desire to listen at levels that will rock the house or make my ears ring. It is important to me, however, that bass be tight and controlled.
mhsilver1227020b

Showing 1 response by mhsilver1227020b

Thanks for your replies. I do know about the Arro, but I'm leaning more towards stand-mounted speakers than floorstanders. In any case, it looks like the consensus so far is that the NAD is not going to be up to the job of driving the Model 1s. Any other suggestions for pint-sized speakers with big sound and good imaging that could be had used for $750 (and that would mate satisfactorily with the NAD c340)?