Totem Mani-2 vs Devialet Phantoms Gold

Hello 

Totems Mani-2 with good amplification or Active Devialet Phantoms Gold ( pair ) will give overall better sound in room about 25m2

I am a bass freak , but not only bass is important for me , liquid massive midrange and spacious sweet trebble is what i like too.

Devialets propably goes deeper , but what about quality of bass ?

Any other propose small speakers with big, bold sound ?

I know that legacy calibre and dutch & dutch has good opinions , but are ratlher out of budget.

Thanks for any opinions and advice

128x128donpen21

Devialet phantom gold go subsonic. They do sound excellent. bass is tight, from a sealed enclosure. Treble from a titanium dome is very nice.  Use clean power supply for better results. PS Audio Power Regenerator recommended.

Using high quality cables makes a difference!

I think @jond is right, the Mani with a good amp should be better. Maybe a bit more expensive. You do get a lot of bass from the Phantom, though.

Mani-2 appear to have been superseded by the Bison line here in Canada. Given your "bass freak" preference, you may be happier with the Bison. I am staggered by the bass my Totem Tribe Towers produced without giving up mids or highs. Worth a visit to a dealer to see if it ticks all the boxes.

Thanks for all opinions

sorry for long time absence ( holidays )

so I finally bought Mani-2

I have Devialets too

I will compare both

but I am looking for amplifier to Totems

two candidates:

1) Auris Fortissimo - push-pull A/AB 100watt 4/8 ohm tube amplifier ( in press review they said its really powerfull with good bottom extension )

2) NAT GM70 - SET 50 watt class A tube amplifier with beefy power supply

3) Gryphon Atilla - powerfull , high current 100/200watt 8/4 ohm solid state integrated famous for grip and deep bass control

I like tubes , but many people Herę on forum said that Mani-2 needs high current solid state

Some years ago I had Totems and try it with tubes but Audio Research VS55. (50watt ) and Mingda 805 monoblocks ( 40 watt SET) hasnt enough power to drive it, only Kronzilla was adequate ( but too expensive for me now )

Auris and NAT looks like to be powerfull with good power supply , but deeep bass with grip and impact is my prioritet, so maybe Gryphon famous for this will be better choice ?

What do You think