Totem Arro vs Silverline Prelude vs Salk Songtower

I'm setting up a bedroom system and need some advice. Budget $1-$2k. Amp will be a Peachtree Nova. Speakers will need to go close to the back wall. I've listened to the Arros and really liked their imaging & 3D sound. What else should I consider???
128x128grnebean

Showing 4 responses by sandman012

I love my Preludes.

I had them in a ~10 X 20' room, along the long wall, less than foot from the wall.

I recently moved and they are now in a VERY big room, cathedral ceilings. And they hold up fairly well; the extra room for them to breath, able to pull further from the wall, etc, really 'breathed' some extra life into them.

They are now more sensitive to quality of recording it seems.

Most would say they arent up to the task of a room that big, but I am going to try a sub with them before I try a larger speaker, there is just something about the sound of these I am loathe to give up.

Depending on the recording, I sometimes find them a bit strident on the top, but am going to try also roll the tube in my Peachtree Nova, and am upping the amplification a bit with Red Dragon M200 monoblocks.
Not related to my previous post, but since Totem's came up again, they would are on my short list of speakers I would consider upgrading to. Years ago I had the Arro's, but they didn't match well with the integrated I had at the time.

Wescoman, I too have thought about upgrading, but I think I'd have to spend over $2k to get something better all around.

I think I will always hang onto these, move them to a second system if anything.

REL's seem the way to go without doing a lot of listening/reading up.
Nothing like a good deal. Just saw Preludes on A-gon for $600; they went quickly, no suprise.

Eyeing up a REL T-1 on ebay ...