Totem Arro efficient enough for NAD C315BEE?

Hi. I am building a inexpensive system for my living room as 2 channel HT and music system for jazz/vocal/orchestra. The living room is about 12x13.

I am using a NAD C315BEE amp and a NAD C321i CDP. I have two pairs of speakers - Von Schweikert VR-1 and Paradigm 3se Mk3. The VR-1 has nice midrange but no bass (for movie). The paradigm has nice bass but weak midrange and very forward high frequency.

So I am trying to see if Totem Arro is a good replacement. May I ask if it is a good match? Is there other floorstander that I should audition?

Thanks.
clo

Showing 1 response by sufentanil

I've had the Arro's in the past for dual 2Ch/HT use and they actually work reasonably well -- as long as you have a sub. As previously mentioned, most subs will be able to operate off both the speaker outputs as well as preouts.

The Arro's image like no other speaker. Their high-mids are fantastic. A little short on the bass (but not nearly as much as the VR-1's, which are anemic on the bass). A lot of things depend on your budget, but I would consider the Totem Hawks to be a nice compromise for HT and jazz/vocal/orchestra use.

And to answer your question, I imagine the NAD should drive the Arro's just fine. I've found that the Arro's work great with at least 50wpc. They're not overly inefficient, but need enough power to sound their best. In my experience, that translates into >= 50wpc.

Michael