Top turntables?

Which turntables bring out the most from our vinyls.
The presence ambiance, that "you are there" feeling.
I am looking to upgrade from an old tnt.
pedrillo
To quote Johnnantais

[blockquote]You want PRESENCE, excitement, the sort of PALPABILITY which hits you in the stomach and leaves you gasping for breath...[/blockquote]

I know... idlerwheels are supposed to have it...

On the other, I had the pleasure to visit Thom from Galibier sound and listen to the Galibier Gavia with Stelvio platter - that one seems to have that in spades - amazing that a high mass design can have presence, rhythmic drive, and great dynamics, without sacrificing black backgrounds and detail retrieval.

I would highly recommend looking at the Galibier tables from the Gavia with Gavia platter to the higher end Stelvio.
Another vote for Galibier. Rock solid speed stability, excellent resonance isolation, great macro and micro dynamics.
Can anyone please tell me a reasonable amount to expect to pay for a Micro Seiki BL-91 with vaccuum and SAEC WE-308 arm in like new condition? THANKS!
Another satisfied Galibier owner here. I totally agree with Flyingred and Restock. They did a good job of describing what makes the Galibier such a great sounding table. Excellent detail and dynamics both micro and macro, a quiet black background, and a surefooted rhythmic quality that gives up little if anything to an idler. Mine is a Gavia with Gavia platter and Triplanar on a Stelvio armboard. The Galibier and TP make a great combination.

Dave
Could anyone possibly chime in on how the Raven compares to turntables from Galibier or Redpoint at the same price point?

And as a general question, how would you typically distribute a given amount, say, 12K, between turntable/arm/cartridge, any why?

Thank you for any input.
Chris