Top ten DD turntables of all time?

I'm getting back into vinyl and need some suggestions. Please don't suggest belt drives!!! Better yet, let's mention only vintage DD turntables, since I feel they are superior to anything being manufactured today.
rod1957
How about the Technics SL1100A or SL110(SL1100A without the tonearm)? I understand it was kind of a poor man's SP10. I had one for several years back in the 70's. I wish I still had it.
First, I wanted to let everybody know (if you don't already) that the wonderful site "Welcome at Direct Drive" is accessable again through a new link, which is: http://www.oocities.org/de/bc1a69/index_eng.html

I wanted to expand a bit on Mmakshak's remarks, because they hint at something that seems to be a recurring event in the world of audio: namely that changes in the market often cause the curtailment in developing certain kinds of equipment/technologies that wind up on the back burner, sometimes for years! One such is the direct drive turntable. The belt drive took over the market because the inexpensive-to-produce version of the belt drive TT, like the original AR for example, sounded way better than the inexpensive-to-produce version of anything else. And both DD and idler drive TT's suffered from this situation -- with consumer DD's in particular getting a reputation for lousy performance -- which they deserved ;--) This is not to say that you couldn't find excellent DD's at the time, particularly from Japan, but none of them were what I would call 'consumer' products, and the companies that made them, particularly the Japanese, made a whole range of other products, and so eventually stopped developing DD's because the market wouldn't support entry-level (i.e., profitable) models. That's just the nature of free-market capitalism. But a whole generation of audio hobbyists were never exposed to DD's for that reason, and what they did hear, is that they sucked! Never mind that records themselves continued to be mastered on DD cutting lathes, hmmm . . . .

As a general rule in mechanical engineering design, 'simple is better' IF one can pull it off in the actual product! With renewed interest in vinyl comes a renewed interest in TT's; and as always, new offerings start with the "Neiman-Marcus" models. But with today's advances in materials, electronic control, and manufacturing techniques, it won't be long before a $500 DD turntable hits the market that will provide the obvious benefits of this elegant solution to record spinning. My 2 cents.
"Never mind that records themselves continued to be mastered on DD cutting lathes, hmmm...."

WHAT?? You mean to say that they are cutting all those lousy vibrations right into the records??? Surely you jest, they MUST be using belt-driven lathes since these units are so vastly superior, as proven above....
Reviving this old thread.
I am looking for a direct drive turntable for my system. I already have a TJN Reference Lenco. The DD will be to add some variety. Morever I want to test the potential of a good DD. Between a Technics SP-10 MK2 with Obsidian plinth and Yamaha GT-2000X, which one is better (purely going by sonics) ?