Top ten DD turntables of all time?

I'm getting back into vinyl and need some suggestions. Please don't suggest belt drives!!! Better yet, let's mention only vintage DD turntables, since I feel they are superior to anything being manufactured today.
rod1957

Showing 2 responses by chaskelljr2001

Well "Rod1957"

I only know of three which qualified as the top direct-drive turntables of all time. And they are:

(01). ReVox 780 with Swing Around Linear Tracking Tone Arm
(02). Any Higher-End Denon in the DP Series
(03). Technics SL-1200 MkII (and if I could recall correctly, Technics had a bunch of other models with the Quartz Locked Direct-Drive System back in the late 1970's/early 1980's)

(04). And I am sure that there were others as well, I just couldn't recall right off the bat.

--Charles--
In my opinion??? It is ReVox, Denon and then Technics EXACTLY in that order.

I put together my first system back in 1983, and that unfortunately was completed with the addition of a NAD 5255 Compact Disc Player back in 1985. Had I went the vinyl route and decided to go with a turntable back then, if it had to be a Direct-Drive, then I would've looked for a vintage Denon with a wooden plinth, the controls at the front edge of the platter, and an "S" shaped tone arm, and would've mounted a Sonus or a Grado M/M Cartridge onto it.

Now.... I have a Thorens TD-165 and a VPI Scoutmaster with a JMW Memorial 9 Arm and a Grado Prestige Gold on the Thorens and a Sonata Reference on the VPI/JMW (both which are Belt-Drives). After spending time with these tables, I don't think I can go back to a Direct-Drive.

Can You???

--Charles--