Top 5 Rock n Roll Vocalists

My 6 year old daughter posed this question. I thought it was great. She also said that she knew her favorites were not the best. Here are my choices, which are not necessarily my favorites:

No particular order:

Robert Plant
Freddie Mercury
Axl Rose
Janis Joplin
Paul Rodgers
jtinn

Showing 5 responses by garn509

Jim Morrison
Grace Slick
Robert Plant
Mick Jagger
Christine McVie

All respect to Solomon Burke, Sam Cooke, and Otis Redding, but the category is RnR.
bongofury- the distinction remains even if source is known. Cooke, Burke,and Redding are widely regarded as Soul or R&B performers. Who would call them rock n roll singers ?
Macdadtexas
Yes I can, watch me !! All y'all are violating rules of logic.
Can we include the wolf into a list of favorite dog types because the wolf is a canine and a root species of the dog?
If it's ok to say Marvin Gayer or Otis Redding are rock singers, then it is OK to say Grace Slick and Jim Morrison are soul singers. Once that free for all starts, it is meaningless to have types or classes of music.
Macdad-- You can put anyone you want on your list. If you think Otis Redding, Solomon Burke, and Marvin Gaye are Rock singers, enjoy that. Don't give in to the Crowd that says these are SOUL singers. They are Rock singers to you, and what else matters?"