TONE

So, hear is my latest conundrum(well, perhaps that is a little bit of a  hyperbole)...
I enjoy my current system immensely, but do not actively compare it to others or seek listening to live music...I remain pleased with my systems dynamics, soundstage, detail, BUT am always wondering about TONE...being we all, more or less, have limited audio memory, I imagine only musicians who are regularly acquainted with the TRUE TONE of live instruments can recognize the accuracy of the TONE of an audio system....I guess I  kind of answered my own question, in saying I enjoy my system, BUT any advice/thoughts/suggestions about how one satisfies this concern?

128x128jw944ts

Showing 6 responses by jw944ts

yes, basically I answered my own question....as i wonder about the faithful TONAL reproduction of my system, not being a musician, I need to go see live music more often and try to remember the tone of voices and instruments.....
  • OK, thx
please list any recording you consider to tonally accurate, and whether it is LP or digital
@mahgister 
Thx for you help
youtube not useful for me, though. Either stream or LP
your effort appreciated very much
@bjesien , yes, we agree, completely...the Von Schweikerts were highly regarded when I bought them in the late 1990s, and I have enjoyed them for many years; however, as I have not pursued listening to more modern designs, they remain the source of my "tonal" questions....the thought of replacing them with something "better" remains challenging to me, as I no longer have boxes. So selling them, at any price, would be difficult, and I cant imagine throwing them away.......for that reason, alone, I have avoided auditioning current loudspeakers...the VR4.5 have a nice, smooth, full frequency sound, nice soundstage and biwired, all important to me....something better, these days, will be "5-figures", I imagine......

the more I think of my original question, I have realized that asking about "tonally accurate" source material wont help my conundrum one bit, as I would still be reproducing it through my system...the ONLY way for me to  understand the "tone" of my system is to learn and accurately remember the sound of live instruments, as I am not inclined to do the home-recording thing(though unless one's recording setup itself was "SOTA", that reference recording would have its own flaws)....so this mental exercise has gotten me back to my usual perspective on audio systems and this hobby, and that is to please the owner/listener with its sound.....