To Plug Power Amps Direct in to Wall or Not ??

Hello .
I own a number of different power amps. PASS, THRESHOLD and MACs. I have dedicted rooms for each system. And no appliances are tied into the circuits I am using for my equipment.

BIG Questions??

Should you plug power amps directly into the wall or use some type of surge protection ?

Is it safe without protection on power amps even though they are pretty hardy and not sensitive like digital gear ?

I do notice better performance on the power amps plugged directly into the wall. But I am scared of the common surge , brown out or electric goes out may fry my amps.

Or am I being too much of a worry wart.

Thank you to all.
BOB
lawyerman
I have a Balanced Power 3.5+ "conditioner" and my DNA-500 sounds BETTER plugged into it than directly into one of my dedicated lines. Win/win............. peace of mind and better sound!
I love my SOUND APPLICATIONS, non current limiting, power comditioner. My amps, not only sound better, BUT, are totally protected. I have a friend whose ho,e was hit by lightning, had his whole system plugged into the SA Reference Linestage, and whala, no problema....add to that, IMHO better soundstage, imageing, AND seemingly more power, and WOW.
I use the PS ultimate outlets with my SET monoblocks, and find a clear improvement in sound quality with them. Similar to sirspeedy's friend, I've tried other products, but all the others degraded the sound. Oh, and I do have dedicated lines to the amps...
I have noticed a very slight reduction in dynamics using a power conditioner (could be psychological) but sound quality in itself was noticebly better & smoother. I don't think that power conditioning and a surge protector can be equated. Surge protection in itself is not recommended by anyone including dealerships that know what a negative impact this has on a amp's performance. However as long as the surge protector meets or exceeds the amps amperage this effect can be minimized but not eliminated.
I plug my amp directly into a cryo treated P&S outlet. Everything else(preamp,cdp,dac,ultrajitterbug)is plugged into a powervar. It sounds more open that way in my system.