To biwire or not to biwire, that is the question??

Thanks for taking the time to read. I have sifted through the mound of information regarding biwiring but have yet to come to a clear yes or no on the matter.

My question is as follows: Using a single 2CH amplifier run to speakers that are set-up to biwire utilizing a biwire cable (2 connections amp end/ 4 connections speaker end)should return no greater result than running a single wire to that same speaker and utilizing jumpers??? My reading suggests that unless you are bi-amping, simply taking the source of the signal at the amp, (2 connections) and splitting that into (4 connections at the speaker) is not positively affecting the sound?? Bi-amping on the other hand may return an improved sound as the signals are isolated and could affect the resistance of the load?

So I guess what my reading has indicated is that if you are only running a single amp (2 connections) to a bi-wire ready speaker (4 coonnections) you are really paying for a cable that has additional ends but should return no great end product as the signals are technically not distinct as in the case of using 2 ampsor an amp set up for bi-amping?

Any thoughts are welcome as this seems to be an endless debate???
nissancrazy
For speakers that have crossovers designed for bi-wiring it's almost always superior. It keeps the electromechanical energy of the woofers separated from the tweeters until it's at the very low impedance of the amp, where it's dumped harmlessly. The key is the design of the crossover. The louder you listen, the more complex the music and the more bass content the more you'll notice a difference.

Bi-amping brings on it's own set of complicating factors and is generally not to be taken lightly.

Dave
I used to bi-wire, but really heard zero difference.   Tried it for almost a year, and eventually removed the redundant speaker cables.    Heard no difference after removal.