Tinnitus - do you have ringing in the ears?

I just read that an Audiogon member is selling a pair of speakers because of Tinnitus - ringing in the ears.

I have Tinnitus in both ears, one worse than the other, but I have learned to live with it.

Do you suffer from Tinnitus? Do you know of a treatment that has had successful results?

Thanks
joeldoss
Czbbcl,
No, but I play one on TV. Just kidding.
As a sufferer of severe tinnitus I had to educated myself beyond what my audiologist even knew about it. This was out of self preservation. I needed to know everything I
could so I could at first learn methods to cope and second
develope a treatment plan to recover, which I did. None of this is easy and unfortunately as I mentioned earlier most audiologists and ENT's aren't well prepared to treat tinnitus sufferers, so we're kind of on our own.
I have tremendous empathy for anyone with severe tinnitus.
Larrman, can you tell us about any faciilties that specialize in this problem? I'm in the Philadelphia area, and I've been to two ENTs so far, with no real insight being given on what to do.
You may want to contact the American Tinnitus Association
www.ata.org for facilities near you that specialize in tinnitus treatment. There is a well known one at Emory University in Atlanta on the web it's www.tinnitus-pjj.com.
There's one in New Haven, CT too. I would highly recommend
first reading a book by Kevin Hogan called "Tinnitus:Turning Down the Volume. www.kevinhogan.com/tinnitus.htm
Good Luck

Larry
Larry

So your a TV star. I own my own brokerage firm in name only.

Thanks for the info as well very informative. Yes, I too share your empathy for anyone with this problem, especially the severe cases. I can only imagine how debilitating it must be. As I mentioned mine is very mild and in the left ear only; so I can easily block it out. Also the H2O2 has helped minimize it even more. Best of luck to all.

Chuck