Tinnitus anyone?

After years of loud stereos and playing electric guitar recreationally I have developed a continuous ringing? Also leads to music sounding brittle. Anyone else reconciling this with how you listen and enjoy a good sound system?
hnx

Showing 1 response by kkirkpac099

I have almost perfect hearing in my left ear (at least to 18Khz) and a sharp drop (almost nothing above 7Khz) in my right ear. It doesn't interfere with music listening much (I do remember the duo full-range days, however). As for Tinnitus, I've heard this can be caused by too much caffine & alcohol. It may be just the luck of the draw. I've worked in a large machine shop, played in hard rock bands, hit full rolls of caps with bricks and hammers (as a kid), played with small to large firecrackers, etc. and have just a teeny amount of "constantly radiating" noise (in the left ear). My Mother, who hasn't done any of these activities, has a much larger tinnitus problem. As for the hearing loss: I think it's from a dirty little coward, in south Chicago suburbs around 1975, who cold-cocked me in the ear when I wasn't looking. Also, it could be from wisdom tooth roots crushing the ear nerve (kids: Get your wisdom teeth plucked AS SOON as they appear!). Lastly, NEVER put anything up your nose (you know what I mean). Happy listening!