Tidal speakers... particulary Tidal Sunray

Hello all,

I've been reading about Tidal speakers and was curious if anyone ever heard the Tidal Sunray or perhaps any other of their speakers.

The Sunray has 2x7" ceramic mid ranges, a 1.2" diamond tweeter and 4x9" woofers per speaker.

Based on the reading/research I've done it appears that Tidal manages to use the advantages of ceramic/diamond drivers, being detailed, transparent and fast, but managed to control their drawbacks namely potentially dry, clinical and thin sounding.

I currently use the Marten Coltrane but the Tidal appears very interesting as upgrade.

Appeciate if anyone is able to give their views on this speaker based on a listening session and if you agree with the above sound.

Also your view of this speaker in comparison with eg. the Avalon Isis, Rockport Altair, Peak Consult Dragon and Magico M5 is appreciated.

Many many thanks
maxx1973
Hello to all,

I have the privilege of announcing that Robin Loggie of Loggie Audio will be exhibiting the $28,800 Tidal Piano Cera at the 2010 California Audio Show, along with Ypsilon electronics.

www.caaudioshow.com

Thank you.

Constantine Soo
Husk01, yes I visited the actual Magico room twice with the Q5 (Magico speakers were in several other rooms as well). I actually thought that the Q5's were very good and my take is that Alon has taken his experience and customer/dealer feedback to date and come up with a speaker that is more practical to drive and better sounding than past efforts. Personally, this is more a speaker I respect than love though.
I am never listening to Tidals again, since the Sunday experience I cannot enjoy music at home anymore....lol