Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
phil0618
I have observed a marked decrease in static after US cleaning, has anyone else noticed this?
@j_damon,

Yes. When my Audio Desk was working, with it's fan drying, there was zero static. 
Only now do I realize I should have done an additional rinse.
@JTimothyA and Antinn
Both of you have affirmed that
there is no standard for measuring what is clean.
  I would like to draw your attention to my thread in this forum, entitled "The Groove Probe, for optimizing and evaluating record cleaning systems".  There is a summary of it in the post in the first reply.  While it doesn't rise to the level of a standard for evaluation, I believe it does offer a way to quantify cleaning results.  I certainly would appreciate comments, either here or there.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/the-groove-probe-for-optimizing-and-evaluating-record-cleaning-systemshttp://

@rexc,

I can't argue on the value of measuring the after clean audio file.  However, the intent of my comment was to address pre/after cleaning inspection at the time of cleaning.  However, I am now using a 365nm UV blacklight Alonefire SV003 10W 365nm UV Flashlight Portable Rechargeable Blacklight Flashlight with good results.  UV blacklight can detect particulate not otherwise visible, see VPI forum, General Audio, for some photos.

Neil
@rexc,

Let me also expand the problem.  Verifying absence of particles from the groove that can cause ticks and pops is only part of the problem.  The other problem is how clean are the groove wall ridges.  If these ridges that at 20 kHz can be spaced at 15 to 10 microns are filled with oil/grease/debris then while there may be no pop or tick, there will be loss of high frequency detail/resolution that maybe noted as distortion or just reduced signal as the stylus fails to fully read the record.  In this case, the audio file unless it is compared to the perfect file, may not detect this type of contamination.

Neil