Threshold S300 Power Amp

QUESTION PLEASE:

Who might be using this amplifier in their 2 channel audio system? What do you like about this amp? And please share speaker cables and interconnects that work well with this amp. I have recently purchased this amp used and would also like to learn anything else I might need to know to take great care of this unit. Finally, where would I get a manual? Thank you so much for your responses.
rbwinterlink
Al,
The power switch' are reputed to need replacement from time to time.
BTW, I really enjoy your posts, I'm glad you joined us.
Thanks for the info and the kind comments, Unsound.

Glad to hear Bob's unit is working out well, and doesn't have that problem.

Best,
-- Al
I just sent my S500 to Jon to have it upgraded. Jon said he could turn it from a class A/AB to class A up to 160 watts that would make it like a stereo SA1. I can't wait to hear just how the upgrade will sound. New caps, fast recovery rectifiers, cardas binding posts, new power switch and I should have a new amp. I owned an SA/4e when they first came out and like an idiot sold it about 15 years ago, I hope these upgrades get me close to that sound! I will be using a CJ PV 14L preamp so I should have a pretty good tube sounding powerhouse.
I had an S300 in the mid 80s that sounded decent but kept popping fuses so I got rid of it for a Classe 25 that had much more oomph. Eventually traded that guy for a CA200 with side heatsink (basically a CA201) that sounded even better along with a McCormack 225. With amps like Classe and McCormack that can be had for 1000 - 1500 there’s really no reason to buy a used Threshold of that era.
johnjohn, the amps you mentioned are all nice, but each might be preferred in different systems.