Thoughts on vintage Accuphase

I have an opportunity to buy some vintage Accuphase gear -- C200 preamp and P300 power amp. Just wondering if anyone has opinions on this combo. More specifically, how do you think it compares and competes with modern equipment, and what should be a reasonable price. If I end up buying, I will either be driving P3esr speakers in a smaller room (12x13), or Sonus Faber Olympica II in a midsized room (20x15). Should I walk away and look for more modern equipment or do you guys think it competes favorably with new’ish stuff? I prefer a warm sound but not at the expense of details, transparency or tighter, fuller bass.
128x128arafiq

Showing 1 response by 94968

I owned an E202 and T101 for 35 plus years.  Still have the T101, Great Tuner but doesn't get a lot of use these days.  Never had any problems with the E202.  While it was an integrated amp, you could also use it either as an amp only or pre-amp only.  Paired with double Advents, then Ohms and finally Polk RTA12's.  Can't speak to the equipment you are looking at but I never had any issues with mine over all those years.  Was pleased with the sound and found that changing the cabling had the biggest impact.