Thoughts on adding a McIntosh C12000 preamp to my AVM90 Home Theater Processor....

I currently use an Anthem AVM90 processor for my 2 channel music as well as my 5.1 Home Theater.  I know some people use a premium 2 channel preamps such as the beautiful McIntosh C1200 for 2 channel audio.  To be honest I'm very happy with the improvement in audio quality when I upgraded my home theater processor from an AVM60 to the AVM90, but I'm considering the C12000 route for music.  

Anyone have experience or thoughts on this - or is it just adding cost/complexity for minimal if any benefit?

Any advice appreciated!

128x128whitesarhara

Showing 1 response by jth1911

@whitesarhara, I have a C12000 that I use for two-channel listening and a separate Athem pre-processor for Home Theatre.  For a while, I ran a trigger from the Anthem to the C12000 bypass and connected the front speaker out of the anthem to the C12000 channel 6.  It was perfect but I decided not to use my more expensive amps and speakers for home theatre.  I ended up purchasing the new Martin Logan on-wall speakers and an inexpensive 5 channel amp.  Best decision for me. 

My two channel system consist of: VPI Avenger Reference, MCD12000, Aurender A15, C120000, MC451, B&W 801D4.