Think I ruined stylus

Help me out please, think I ruined my stylus! Have a Rega Exact 2, about 3 months old. 
Was listening to a record with my lady the other night.. we got to doing .. you know.. things.. left record playing and went upstairs for a couple hours. Obviously record ended and the stylus kept tracking. 

Went to play record yesterday and sound is just loud noise - maybe can barely make out some music… 

I didn’t think letting the record track at end would result in this! 

tsbarro

That should not ruin your stylus. Try cleaning it with 50 alcohol in water with a soft brush.

A couple hours is nothing. Sounds like the stylus picked up a lot of dust. There are dozens of stylist brushes and cleaners. Just be very gentle. 

A couple of hours tracking the Dead Wax is very common, there are plenty of late night naps that are close to this time period, not all are known to cause damage, but serial nappers do use devices to lift the arm wnen in the Dead Wax. 

The arm lifter may be the ideal device for other activities that can create extended Dead Wax Periods for the Styli as well. 

In the days of old, when I was Tantric Guru, the Styli used be left to ride the Dead Wax for a few days at a time 😁

Stylus on cartridge, it should be fine. 

The other “stylus”, well, that could be another story…