Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
johnhh

In a prior system, I enjoyed, Rotel and B&W 805 speakers circa early 2000's.

Happy Listening!
'the rabbit hole' is a good analogy.

Thiel is the white rabbit.

And there I go.

Any thoughts on the Audio Research LS25 mkII  or the Audible Illusions Modulus 3A?
Tom

Your information about erse coils is depressing and frustrating but on their website they state they are using CDA 101
and Solen states they are using ≥ 99.99 % Purity Annealed Copper. 

But so far these are the purest copper coils I can find ,

strange how Capacitors and wires are improving but not coils 

other than maybe foil coils over wire ones .

Rob

I purchased Solen Litz inductors for my new speaker rebuild..both 8 gauge 7 strand on the woofer
49 strand on the tweeter.
New term for me is linear inductance. Value of inductance over a much wider bandwidth than virtually any other inductor type either solid 8 gauge or 10 gauge ribbon this according to Chris at Solen. The linear bandwidth of the 49 strand for the Via Wave SRT ribbon tweeter is 35k 7 times that of the 7strand for the woofer. And the copper purity is 5 9's..The inductors are being cryo'd today when finished I will heat treat at low temp and then seal with a new to me paint with no metal but with much limestone some clay and a small amount of carbon black. Report later. Tom