Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
All

I wanted to give a special shout-out for an Audiophile that has not yet joined us. He can be found over on Audio Asylum- Mr. Abe Collins. This Thiel owner (CS 2.4 for many, many, years and counting), is directly responsible for sparking my initial interest into the brand. For years, I read over his posts and systems both tubed/solid-state with eyes wide open. He can advise on tube-rolling as well. Although I would not have my personal moment w/ the CS 2.4 in early 2012, I had a strong sense of the loudspeaker's personality.Indeed, on that fateful day in Baltimore, MD., the CS 2.4 presented itself as advertised! I would continue to follow this particular model until I found the CS 2.4SE. My search ended that day in Raleigh, NC.2nd Note:Earlier this week I procured a cherry Accuphase DP-65v from Mr. Abe Collins. I have been chasing his spinner for upwards of 10 years now.This player is a BEAST and weighs in around 50 lbs. Japanese disc-spinning goodness at its finest. Pics to follow as soon as possible due to work schedule.
Happy Listening!

Hello all!

Want to chime in on the amp topic, using my personal experience: while they don’t get enough love when compared to their tube-based brothers, I have to say that the solid-state models from Audio Research make ideal amps for our Thiels, no matter how difficult to drive. I don’t believe there isn’t a solid-state AR model that doesn’t double down from 8 to 4 to 2 power-wise. I had no problems driving my 3.5’s with one D240 MKII amp...getting a second one to run them in monoblock configuration pretty much confirmed that one can never have too much power or current when it comes to Thiels. The best part though: Audio Research solid-state amps are a relative bargain compared to their tube amps as well as many other “vintage” offerings from Levinson, Krell, etc. Match these up with AR tube pre-amps like I have for system synergy and you’ll have some of that tube-warmth with all the power and dynamics solid-state offers. 

Just my $0.02 worth. Hope everyone’s doing well!

Arvin
Tom I am a precision millwright with over 30 yrs of experience we normally use epoxy grout for our motor and pump bases. The millwright trade has changed a lot over the last 10-15 yrs we no longer pour our own grout. We usually set a piece of equipment on elevation and maybe do an alignment, but the "civil crew" will do the grouting.
I like the concrete caulk idea. I've tried 2 types of concrete sealers on the cracks. I used duct tape on the bottom to contain flow but the sealer would always leak. I am going to try a new sealer from the job with the concrete caulk.
 I will take pics and keep you posted.
arvincastro
Good to see you again. Thank You for suggesting another solid state option in ARC products. Enjoy Fall and the Music!
Happy Listening!
papasmove
keep us posted as you try a sealer for the concrete baffle.
Happy Listening!