Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
dhoff01
Yes, butcher block will work.  Fine tune the height of speakers to your musical preference.
Happy Listening!
Yes, the butcher block will work. But remember that the bass will shelve down at 200Hz to lose a little weight as you raise the woofer up from its design height from the floor.
Hey fellow Thiel 'Gonners! Just wanted to give you updates on my 3.6 XO project. Thanks for all the wonderful advice thus far! I placed orders for Mills MRA -12 resistors some time ago and they have trickled in slowly due to shipping delays from our present unpleasentness. The first round did come in last week and was able to place 1, 6, and 15 ohm resitors into service this weekend. WOW! I'm just astounded at difference just a few new resitors can make: much taller and wider sound stage with less congested imaging. Can't wait for the remaining to arrive and have already placed orders for the ClarityCap CSAs as well.

There is smige of midband Squack but I am to understand that it's from the heated solder and will settle after time. 24 hours in and I'm already noticing it's disipation.

I'm continuing to stick with original layout values for now however I discovered a discrepency in my XO setup: the original layout uses a 1.8ohm resistor in series after the midrange first station gang . my XO uses doubled 10 ohm restistors in it's place. These are original Thiel resistors so I know they were plaaced into service at the shop. I'm to understand that there were a few updates after the last layout was used and the final version printed though. Leave it to Jim and the team to continue upgrading even after production was well underway; a testimate to their integrity and passion. More to come.
stspur
Thank You for the update. Good to read we have another DIY member of the Panel.
Happy Listening!
The butcher blocks aren't a solution for me due to WAF and stability, and with Tom's information, why upset my frequency balance, when the bass in my room is outstanding as is?  But is tilting the speakers <1" back on spikes, which tilts the baffle back the same amount, launching the wavefront 'higher', as the laser pointer indicates 8" higher at 9'?  Even if in so doing I lose a couple degrees of phase and gain a taller listening window before midrange suckout?  Or don't I really?