Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
I bought a pair of AHB-2s about a year ago and am thrilled. I specifically want to hear bridged vs stereo and how this amp stacks up against my well-known Classe DR9s (also a pair). They are remarkably similar and grain-free. The Adcom GFA555mkII exhibits the kind of problems that plague Thiel users. The 3 amps provide a good window into what might be going on.

BTW: John Siau (AHB designer) told me the following, based on my speaker schematics and his load analysis:CS7.2 Stereo or mono (bridged)CS5: Stereo onlyCS3.7: Stereo onlyCS3.6: Stereo onlyCS2.4: Stereo onlyCS2.2: Stereo or mono

Believing him, I have nevertheless tried both modes on the 2.2 and 3.6. The 2.2 does fine either way (Its impedance is higher and more benign.) The 3.6 sounds a little sweeter on stereo. When bridged and pushed hard the amp clips with very effective momentary protection. Amidst the thunder the only evidence for me was seeing the red lights flicker. This amp is Class H power feeding a class A output. Very unusual distortion profile. Essentially clean until it's not, which shuts down instantly.

Twoleftears: that single vs dual input scheme is high on my list, but I haven't implemented it yet. I'm wired for vertical bi-wire/bi-amps.
More good info thanks tom.  Can you elaborate on “kind of problems that plague Thiel users” when using the Adcom amp?  Would other Thiel models benefit from being modified for dual inputs to allow for vertical biamping, and could (should?) this be done as part of a XO modification?  Apologize if this has already been covered in the thread, if so I will go on a search mission, unfortunately withthis format it’s easier to ask than go back and search.
Congrats on the score! And many hours of sweet, happy listening! A few years ago I had picked up the 3.7s and love them. I often gravitate to vintage and good, and paired these with a Bryston amp, and eBay Tom Evans pre-amp. But some of the greatest advancements came from the cabling which, relative to the system, was actually the most cost effective. I first experimented with, then put broadly, the Anticables, from Paul Speltz. At that time, Tidal was offering a section of their website that tested the "can you hear a difference [with lossless format]?" And before the cables, it was random. After the cables (on the same system) I want to say I picked out five out of six. 

All of this is through Oppo BDP 105D, which is a sweet (but unfortunately discontinued) media server.f

Enjoy!
Thanks donzi, whichlevel anticables did you end up with?  Assume speaker and interconnects, did you also try their power cables?