Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
vegasears
Very nice combination of gear. I do not believe that I have seen another Audiophile use McIntosh and VTL together? The B&W 801S3 is a fine speaker indeed.  Happy Listening!
gwgjr31

A very nice combination of gear as well. I have heard an ARC pre-amp w/ Mark Levinson power amps previously and enjoyed the synergy.
No doubt that your 7.2 loudspeakers are high current monsters!
Good to read about a cd player being in the mix.

Happy Listening!
Hey folks, 

i could use some recommendations for optimizing my home theater.  
Mom running 5.1 with Thiel 3.7 as my Fronts, an SCS3 center and 2.3s for my rear.  
I have then connected to a Denon POA-A1HDC on bridge mode which provides 500w to 4 ohms. 

Running audyssey has some problems maxing out my fronts.  

I was was wondering if I should forgo the bridge mode and drop to 300w. Vs the recommendation to use attenuators to get audyssey to balance.  

I know the 3.7s are known to be power hungry, but the area in the basement is not very large.  (I sit 8 feet away from center).  

Any my thoughts are appreciated.  
holco
Very nice- I am glad that you found at least (1) serial number. Describing the sound of any component can be challenging. Best advice is to talk about your fave piece of musical passage, at the least. Talk about the before upgrade characteristics then add after upgrade factors. Did imaging get better? Soundstage is deeper or wider? Musician(s) are solidly placed? Instrument texture or tone become cleaner/clearer.
Give it a shot!  Again, it is good to have you here as a DIY member of the Panel.

Happy Listening!
ekohn00

Welcome! good to see you here. You have quite a collection of Thiel Audio speakers. Besides the Denon POA A1HDC, what other gear including cabling is in your system? Can you give the dimensions of your basement listening space?  There are a few members here using a home theater set-up. Guys chime in for suggestions.
I look forward in reading more about your system and musical tastes.

Happy Listening!