Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
New XO boards now in final configuration on my former SEs. I guess I need a moniker for these. Maybe CS2.4TB for Tom’s Bliss ;^)

And though the boards are finished I still want to replace my FST input and output wire. Also, I intend to replace the binding posts and make the speakers biwirable. So, not quite to my end point. I have all the parts to complete the project but the Cardas wire needs to be tinned and my soldering gun is not the right tool. Gonna have to get a solder pot . . .

The new parts have various hours on them as I changed configurations over the past several weeks. I might have heard changes even up to 200 hours, which is where others have said Clarity settles in (Dave Garretson among them). So, burn in might not be finished?

That said, I’m super happy with the SQ I’m hearing. Musical immersion. I get the house to myself this evening :)
Though I don't own Thiels I have been enjoying this thread for some time.  (I've been especially impressed by Tom Thiel's contributions: as a recovering philosophy major I've followed his ideas on the epistemology of sound with keen interest).  

Here's a good deal not too far from me.  Even if I had the spare funds at the moment -- and the spare funds for the needed amplifier upgrade -- I don't have enough room for these big beauties.  Not sure of the difference between the CS5 and CS5i, but I see the seller is also selling a dual mono 400w Levinson amp, and has been trying to get rid of both for a while.  I'm betting someone who offered $9k or so could easily walk way with the start of a world-class 2-channel system.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/THIEL-CS-5i-SPEAKERS/183292862680?hash=item2aad1b20d8:g:a3sAAOSwtalbMluL:rk...
kenazfilanWelcome! Thank You for posting the CS 5 ad. That would be a nice purchase for someone in the NYC area.  Happy Listening!