Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Showing 5 responses by rc1985

I’m the original owner of CS 1.2's, they’ve been in storage for a while but am about to put them back into use in a renovated room. Looks like lots of talk about recapping here, is there recommendations for this model? Also, may be time for new foam, is there a source for the material there too? Thanks!

Hi All - thanks for responding, not even sure my CS 1.2's need a re-cap, just that it's been 30 years. Thought some might have cooked up a formula for installing new transistors at home, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Hoping I don't need to ship them out for work, and they may need nothing. So how do the electronics in Thiels generally hold up over time, and is it better to leave well enough alone?  

I'm the original owner of a pair of CS 1.2's I'm putting back into service after years in storage. One speaker seems fine. but the other has the rubber surround separated from the cone. The rubber is in great shape, no deterioration like often found with foam, so is the fix as simple as glueing the two together again? If so any specific glue that should be used? I've also read Madisound has the original woofer available for $86, is this the smarter way to go? Thanks!

@duramax , Amberwood, very pretty, wish I knew how to post a picture here

Update - I used MI-3035 adhesive from Simply Speakers to reattach the surround and cone on my CS 1.2 driver and it worked great 😎