Thiel 3.7 Placement

Really considering perhaps purchasing these speakers. Auditioned them at a dealer for about 2 hours and was really, really impressed with the sound. My question is, even though I sat and toed the speakers to how they would be set up in my house, the dealers room was a lot bigger with no side wall infractions and the speakers were out about 7 feet from the back wall, so how sensitive are these speakers to placement? I can only bring them out about 2 ft from the wall and side walls are about 3 ft. Speakers will be about 9 ft apart with my position is about 11 ft in front, toed in centered right at me. That's how I have my B&W 802 S3 set up currently. Finally, how long did it take to break-in your 3.7's? Still happy with them? Thanks
stvrvin
Folks who do not like Thiels (or Krell for that matter) seem to have a preponderence for sarcasm. That tells me that these products must be good. There seems to be a direct correlation to brand quality and the level of cynicism (read faux plausiblly deniable envy) directed at such brands.

My experiences with Thiel (current and long time owner) is that if you don't care enough to power and source them properly, then GIGO for you.
I still like my 3.7s, and have had them for about 1 year. I have the backs of the 3.7s about 2 feet from the front wall, and no toe in. I find the distance to the front wall has a big impact on bass smoothness. I have tried toe-in, but didn't like the effect.