Thiel 3.7 Placement

Really considering perhaps purchasing these speakers. Auditioned them at a dealer for about 2 hours and was really, really impressed with the sound. My question is, even though I sat and toed the speakers to how they would be set up in my house, the dealers room was a lot bigger with no side wall infractions and the speakers were out about 7 feet from the back wall, so how sensitive are these speakers to placement? I can only bring them out about 2 ft from the wall and side walls are about 3 ft. Speakers will be about 9 ft apart with my position is about 11 ft in front, toed in centered right at me. That's how I have my B&W 802 S3 set up currently. Finally, how long did it take to break-in your 3.7's? Still happy with them? Thanks
stvrvin
Your placement should work fine - your soundstage will not be as deep but it doesn't sound like you have that now with your B/W. Those are great speakers - enjoy them!
Try placing them 3ft into the room and 10ft from listening position as this will be ALMOST optimal. The 3 ft from each side wall is perfectly fine.

Your dealer should be able to advise on this, maybe has you just wanted a second opinion.

good luck - 3.7 is a really nice speaker.
Thanks a lot guys for the advice. Buff, in your opinion, toed in on center to lister, a little behind or how much? Thanks.
I always preferred my Thiels (CS7.2) firing strait into the room over toed in. I also like the 3.7s that way.
You will have to experiment with what is best for your room. In my main system my CS6s are aimed straight ahead but in my second system the CS2.4s are ever so slightly toed in. In my experience getting Thiels away as far as possible from the front wall is the most important aspect of peoper set up. This is what opens up the soundstage depth.