Thiel 3.6 vs. Spendor SP100 vs. PSB GOLD

Many of you praise the 3.6s (although w/equipment caveats). Has anyone compared them to the SPENDORS (praised, but criticized for so-so imaging & loose bass), or the PSB Stratus Gold (another liked & hated speaker), & even to the Vandersteens? Could you characterize the strengths & weaknesses of these speakers?
kevziek

Showing 1 response by seldenr

Kevziek: I am hesitant to respond after the post by Artmaltman, since he has listened to, and/or owned, all of the speakers you mention. So, his response should easily trump mine. However, I wanted to mention that my brother and I spent a long afternoon comparing Vandersteen V (check me on the model, but it was stated to be their flagship) to Magneplanar 3.6. Maybe it was room placement, but the Vandersteens were boomy and sound coming from different points. Must have needed more break in (although the dealer claimed they had been). Next stop was to compare the PSB Stratus Gold to the Soliloquy 6.3. At least in our humble opinions, the 6.3 was the easy winner, even besting the impressive Maggie 3.6, again in our humble opinions. In addition, The Soliloquy is a nominal 8 ohms, with 92db sensitivity. I.e., easy to drive. Just thought you might want to know 2 people's opinion. BTW, my brother bought the 6.3s, and is driving them with a McCormack DNA 225. However, at my urging, he just bought an Antique Sound Labs MG DT15-S (15 watt single ended pentode), and hasn't put the solid state amp back in line yet!