Thiel 03a speakers

I have a pair of Thiel 03a speakers and the top tweeter in both speakers are not working , but do work when out of speaker . Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong.

drotti2004

It doesn't sound like a tweeter problem if you get no reading from the crossovers. Being that it's both channels it sounds like they are shot, but not if they are not getting a signal. Meniscus audio used to rewire coils, you can contact them and see if they can put you in touch with the guy who did it for them. I had a Focal driver that was out of production and they were the only place I could find in the US that could fix them, so if he's still kicking, that would be my first choice. Good luck!

Lou

drotti2004

as above- reach out to Rob at CSS. Keep me posted on your repair progress.

Happy Listening!

I did more testing and found the tweeters were actually blown . I sent them to Coherent and Ron repaired them . I put the repaired tweeters in and they do work but very overwhelming with highs and I am using the Thiel eq . Is the the way they are supposed to sound or is something else going on here. I tried them with tube counterpoint and and Goldentube pre and also McIntosh c27 with Hafler Xl600 same experience with both set ups.