Theta v.s. Sim Audio

I have the Magnepan home theatre setup consisting of 3.6 mains, MGCC2 center, and MMG12 rears, and 2 Velodyne HGS-12 subs. I am considering the Theta Cassablanca/Dreadnaught which I've auditioned or the Sim Audio Attraction/Stellar/Titan. Has anyone heard both of these setups? I've yet to hear any HT amp more musical than the Theta but with all of the favorable reviews of the Sim Audio HT products I simply cannot ignore it. Thanks.

I cannot afford nor am I interested in Meridian or anything in that price range.
ebonyvette

Showing 1 response by marty9876

I own the Sim trio, never heard the Theta gear. The Theta gear has way more futures, bells and whistles. I don't know what the feature/performance trade off is. Sim is so balls to the wall, they are too cheap to make a different chassis for the pre/dvd player. I guess a buck saved their goes inside, or so the theory would have it.

The Sim gear is quirky at times. I don't know if this is a trait of other high end gear. The amp is a sheer monster, I have the 7ch one. I am nuts for buying this thing, but the guy that created it is really sick. Runs very cool if this really matters, longer life ect. in theory. I can't clip the thing, not sure if I really want to. When the speakers start to give, game over.

I know DVD is a big waste of money, with the newer chip out next week deal, but man... This thing has a very, very good picture. Really close to HDTV feeds.

I think the Sim stuff is for the really sick hardcore freaks out there.... Myself included

Marty