The XA9000ES's are hitting the Classifieds Rapidly

I guess more and more of us are giving up on SACD.. What a great player for $1350.00... Thoughts?

Chris
128x128the_kid

Showing 5 responses by the_kid

I wanted to believe as I saw merit in the performance of SACD but face it, I am just not seeing it going anywhere. The majority of the titles I want to listen to (Past and Present)are not available on SACD and are not being released or even being planned for release.

My prediction is that the prices of SACD players here in the Classifieds will continue to fall.
Hey Pat, things are well. I purchased an Electrocompaniet ECD-1 DAC and love it. I am running my Apple Airport Express into it and a Rotel Transport (which is temporary) as I search for something better. I saw that Cary, do you think it would make a good transport?

Things here in DC are well. I actually caught THE CULT at the 930 Club last week. Ian Astbury has never sounded better and Bill Duffy just crushed things playing a Les Paul. They even did an acoustic version of "Edie" which was spectacular. Definitely the best show I have been to this year..

Be Well,

Chris
Rex,

Nice, did I strike a nerve? It was certainly not my intention. My point is, that I had noticed several players (XA9000ES) hit the new today classifieds in a row. What surprised me was each one that hit, had a lower price.

Having just sold my XA777ES for $975.00, I was just surprised how close the price for a "used" 9/10 condition was for a XA9000ES. Also, did you see my comment you highlighted? "What a great player for $1350". I am not throwing stones here, jut making an observation.

I am just surprised at the price drop in value here on Audiogon and associate that with the SLOW death of SACD.

Chris
Rex,

I see where you are coming from and I have seen the threads you mentioned. I guess I was more surprised at the attractive the price the players were selling for and just associated it with the format. For $1350.00 I may just buy one for a transport.. Thanks for expanding on your point...

Chris
Jactoy,

You are probably correct. What I listen too is not widely available on SACD. On SACD I had Ryan Adams, Train, The Police, Roger Waters, Peter Gabriel, Norah Jones, and few other titles. The majority of those discs did yield an audible improvement over my redbook versions of those titles. However a few of them did not.

I have no doubt of the format's strengths. I am just always interested in which direction fellow audio hobbyist are going.. Thanks for your post!

Chris