The Wall: Roger Waters 2010

Many of you know that Roger Waters is doing a 100 stop 30th anniversary tour of The Wall this year.

Anyone been to the show yet?
bjesien

Showing 4 responses by philjolet

Swanny,

Rolling Stone mentioned that Dave Kilminster does the majority of the guitar work but maybe not what was played by Gilore?

I look forward to it either way...
I just saw the show in Detroit and it was darn entertaining. The opening number is a hoot and there were about three highlights during the show where they really lit it up. The guitar work was excellent, I did not miss David Gilmore (though I have not heard him live before so do not know what I was missing)

The sound was very bass heavy but not too much high end so I did not need ear plugs (like I anticipated) the midrange tone was pretty good and the music sounded like the album much of the time. In other words a very good concert.

Also the graphics really added to the show and the high def images were terrific. Also, the use of the wall added to the experience.

Overall everything about the show was spot on. I guess that is what Pink Floyd fans expect and Roger Waters delivered.

HEY, TEACHER, LEAVE US KIDS ALONE!!!

2 thumbs way up!
fwiw I was about 2/3 of the way back and half way up on the right side of the Palace at Auburn Hills, a venue that holds about 18,000 people.

Also at the end of the concert they played some bass tones that had to be in the 20hz - 30hz range, I felt them more than heard them, at a very loud, gut churning, level.

Roger pushed the limits of the experience...