The Wall: Roger Waters 2010

Many of you know that Roger Waters is doing a 100 stop 30th anniversary tour of The Wall this year.

Anyone been to the show yet?
bjesien

Showing 1 response by fizzletop

I went to the show at Madison Square Garden NYC about 8 weeks ago. What a phenomenal experience it was. There was simply so much to take in visually and audibly that if I could have I would have gone to the show again the next night. The quality of the audio was exceptional and the best I have heard in a stadium by some ways. The bass levels must have been sub audible as you 'felt' the sound. I'm pleased I took some ear pieces though as in the 2nd half a couple of the songs were played very loud. The projection quality was remarkable, the visuals fantastic and the props used in the show extra special. I liked the flying pig, the plane flying behind the stage and bursting into flames, the stormtroopers, etc. etc. I have been to a lot of live shows but this one probably is my favourite. Not for a moment would you believe that Roger Waters is 67! I actually thought he sounded better live than on recordings.... The only thing I missed was Gilmour playing...his 'stand-in' was just not the same. If you get the chance to attend this show I would not miss it.