The ultimate system? Cost no object

If you could pick, the best of amp, pre-amp, digital or analog, cables, speaker cables and speakers...combo that come's close to the real "thing".I listened, few years back in Vegas (CES)VAC, Spectral, Avalon, in Spectral room, at the "Golden Nugge" How anything, can be any better?
eldragon

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

Hello Fellas:

I was just killing a little time today, and I was just spending a lazy Sunday afternoon surfing the "net", and of course, I had to stop in here and see if there were any new posts posted and all. And when I didn't find anything that I found interesting, I just decided to go back in time a little and see all of the other subjects that I haven't seen before. And then, I came across THIS one. And this is the one that I couldn't resist at all. This is a nice subject here. I have seen all of the systems that the other posters have posted, and decided that I should just post one of my own.

So then, with that said then, without further ado, here is MY ultimate (DREAM) system.

Speaker System: Sonus Faber Amati Homage (in Rosewood or Cherry) -- $22,000.00 (Pair).

Power Amplifier: Mark Levinson No. 33H Monoblocks -- $19,500.00 (Pair).

Preamplifier: Mark Levinson No. 32 Reference + Phono Module -- $14,950.00 + $2,500.00 (Phono Module).

CD Transport/D/A Converter: Mark Levinson No. 37 Transport/Mark Levinson No. 360S D/A Converter -- $3,995.00 (Transport) + $6,995.00 (D/A Converter).

Turntable/Arm/Cartridge System: VPI TNT Mk. IV/Graham 2.0/Clearaudio Discovery -- $6,400.00 (Turntable) + $2,500.00 (Arm) + $3,400.00 (Cartridge).

Cables: Cardas Golden Cross -- $920.00 (1 Meter Interconnect -- Balanced) + $1,450.00 (Speaker Cables -- 5 Ft. Pair) + Kimber Illuminations Orchid Digital Cable -- $560.00 (1 Meter Interconnect -- for Mark Levinson No. 37 Transport and Mark Levinson No. 360S D/A Converter).

Accessories: Audio Power Industries Power Wedge Ultra 116 Power Conditioner -- $1,590.00 (For Analog and Digital Playback Systems) + Kimber Power Kord(s) -- $100.00 to $160.00 (again, for Analog and Digital Playback Systems).

Grand Total -- $69,710.00 + Cables + Room Renovation.

I've actually heard this system before as this ACTUAL system is installed at a local "high-end" audio saloon in my area, and for me, it doesn't get ANY better than this.

--Charles--

And finally, the room in which this system will be in will be treated with acoustic tile and will have acoustic treatment systems. The power outlets will be of "hospital grade" quality, with dedicated outlets and 20 amp circuits to feed the big Levinson amplifiers.