The one that got away

Ok, so if we are on Audiogon, we probably are not afraid of used gear. For many of us I suspect we recall "the one that got away"

For me it was a pair of Marantz 10b tuners. $1200 for both of them. What was I thinking? 

What was yours? 
128x128zavato
A fully upgraded Linn Lp12 turntable for under $10,000, but I look at things differently than most.  If it's not there when I look later, it means it wasn't for me.
I wouldn't feel to bad about letting an Adcom get away. There are probably quite a few that have been thrown away. 
Roxy,

So true I added a couple to the junk pile at a local speaker and vintage electronics repair shop but that's been a good 15 yrs ago.

Always remember one man's trash is another man's treasure.Lol.

Best,

Kenny.
About 35 years ago, I had a Mac in for repair, and the service guy was kind enough to loan me an Adcom in the meantime. I was surprised at just how "solid state" it really sounded. By that I mean harsh high frequencies and grainy mids. The bass was alright. Also very flat regarding depth.
At that time, they advertised heavily, and I was curious about what they were like, although I didn't expect they were as good as the ads said considering the price, so I wasn't really surprised. I have to say that since they have reappeared recently, I am a little surprised at the enthusiastic response. It seemed during the first go-round, after all of the hype settled down, people accepted them for what they were; reasonably powerful amps with OK sound at an affordable price. Maybe they'll fit into that niche again, but I would think that NAD and Rotel would give them a lot of trouble this time.