The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

Showing 4 responses by cd45123

I'll put SR Purple ahead of a QSA violet fuse. Took a while to break in, but this is the best fuse I've heard and I'm not paying 7x the price for a QSA red

@willgolf @andypandy am I gonna set off more crazy in this thread if I get into it?

Orange was good for more clarity- Purple seems to expand upon this clarity and detail with a greater openness to the midband, more musical, more 3D, it's like music has a greater flow. Sounds more open to my ears than the QSA Violet. That's just me

@oregonpapa think I posted that I did indeed find the SR Purple edging out the QSA Violet. Better detail, more musical to my ears, added in to some of my Rega stuff, but will be trying in my Naim XS3 soon.

@glory that’s right, bought Violet from Mike

Steven Tsang and I emailed, tried to Yellow first, thought it was up there with SR Orange, maybe a little better.

Other thing is, I’ve got integrated  amps that are in the 3-5k range, for those it’s a big uptick. I don’t know what you get if you’re rocking 5 figures separates, etc